3 month old and flying?

My son just turned 3 months old, he is VERY well behaved!

I live in Los Angeles, and I want to take a trip to Tahoe!

Is it ok to travel with him this early?

xandersmama22

Asked by xandersmama22 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep. i did with my son.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You can do it I flew from SLC to Columbia SC with a few connections when my daughter was 2 months. :) I nursed on lift off and landing to avoid the ear popping problem but she did GREAT!!!
    MotherShaw

Answer by MotherShaw at 11:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I flew home from Alabam to Pennsylvania when my son was just 2 weeks, and returned to Alabama at 8 weeks. My mum spoke with a pilot and they said it is fine, just have a pacifier and bottles for them to suck on for their ears if they are popping. My pediatrician said the same thing. Since they do not know to yawn like we do to alleviate that annoying pressure. My baby slept both flights....ate at the beginning of first and slept till the end. I return home in 6 weeks, so hope he does as well again. People I spoke with on the plane said the same thing, just have something to suck on, particurily when they are older, as your 4 month old. Good luck!!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yay! Thank you ladies!
    xandersmama22

Answer by xandersmama22 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I took my son on his first flight when he was 8 days old (from NC to MA) and it wasn't a direct flight. Then we flew back home when he was 21 days old and had a 4 hour layover. He was absolutely amazing, he didn't cry at all on the flights, he slept the whole time. I brought his boppy pillow with me and set it on my lap and he curled up in the middle of it and slept.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 2, 2008