anyone have back pain with an IUD?

I have had an IUD for 2 years now. for a couple of months in the beginning i would spot and have a lot of back pain, then it went away. i had no period for almost a year and a half. now i have started spotting again( just enough to be agrivating) and having really strong menstraul cramps. anybody else had this? also can an IUD wiggle out of place and not work?

qtpatootiecth

Asked by qtpatootiecth at 11:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Health

• I only had my IUD put in place a few months ago, but my doctor told me spotting is normal, and i was told that it can come out of place, normally if it isn't inserted properly. If your really concerned i would ask your doctor, especially if you are in pain.
    LunarEclipse

Answer by LunarEclipse at 11:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I've had mine for about 3 years now. The first 2 years I had no period but now I am starting to spot each month. Every few months I do have some pretty painful cramps. My doctor checked and the IUD is still in place. I'd have your doc check just to be sure that it's where it's supposed to be.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008