Any good books/authors to start my son off on reading?

I have 3 girls and have no idea on what kind of books I can get him started with, from the library.
Like easy readers, he knows the basic books, cat in the hat, and stuff like that.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Take him to the libary and go to the childrens section! I let my nephews pick- it's easier than guessing! lol
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We do that often but I am looking for a books to practice reading alot of the times he picks out books that I read to him or he knows a few words, and i help him. I need books/authors that are good for a boy, he might enjoy learning to read.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I started both of my children off with books by Margaret Hillert. Her books are mainly written with the sight words that beginning readers are taught to read in Kindergarten. My son particularly likes them (he's 5) because several of her books have a dragon in them =)
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The cat in the hat....Sight words from Scholastic Books
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Most teachers still have book list too,even at his young age.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• This is a good Question! I go to the library every tuesday when they have story time for 0-4 y. And after that my 2 y old plays and i pick up books, they have a section for early/beginning readers. It is a very good collection, look for either the number 1 on the side of the book or some might have it in a color system (circle stickers dots). Have Fun!!!!
    Actress-mom81

Answer by Actress-mom81 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Anything Dr. Seuss.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Dr Suess was always a favorite here.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2010