Milk Already?

I just found out Im pregnant a week and a half ago. My last period was in July. My breasts are now leaking drops of milkish looking fluid. Is it milk? Should I pump it to get every last drop I can or just put pads in and let it leak.

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 11:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pads and let it leak. Pumping while pregnant is not good. Now if you were already nursing a child, you can continue, If not, then don't start. Use pads and let it leak.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I wouldnt pump it. Unless you are currently breastfeeding. You wouldnt be able to save that milk. Not if you are only a few months pregnant. Just let it leak. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It's premilk. This is very important for the bab when it's born cause it has all good stuff for newborns. I wouldn't touch it trust me you'll have plenty of milk in the future when your real milk comes in after the baby is born. Just let nature take it's course and put a pad on.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I remember that happening to me and it freaked me out. I was asleep and felt this warm liquid on my arm. My first thought was "blood" .. where am I bleeding from!? LOL I had no idea that would happen that early.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They are right. Do not pump. You do not want to create a demand for milk, your body needs to focus all it's energy on growing the baby. And don't worry about it not coming back when the baby comes if it dries up, it will. :) Congrats!
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 11:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Ok, no pumping. Got it. Thats kinda what I thought but wasnt sure. Thanks ladies!
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010