What do you think about the name Lincoln for a girl? thats what my friend just named her daughter....

raina

Asked by raina at 3:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I'm all for being unique. I never thought of the name Lincoln for a girl before but I think I like it! If she grows up and it bothers her as being too masculine for her she could always be Linny or Lin.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• ummm..okay whatever floats your boat. I personally like it much better for a boy but thats why I name mine and you name yours
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Lincoln is not a unisexual name say like Pat, or Chris, or Lee But you name your child what YOU like! It's YOUR baby!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Baby Name Lincoln - Origin and Meaning of Lincoln
    Definition of boy's name Lincoln in the Baby Names dictionary. Meaning of Lincoln. What does Lincoln mean? Lincoln origin. Lincoln pronunciation.
    www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Lincoln -
    vbruno

• I have a friend who has a traditional boy's name..."Jason". All her life, she has had to correct people on her gender. Some have changed her sex on applications from F to M, thinking that someone with the name of Jason has got to be a male. In this day and age, she has had someone ask her if she had a sex-change operation. They thought that she now looks female, but haven't gotten the legalities of the name change finalized. lol! Poor girl!

BTW, she HATES her name, always has!
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 3:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Why don't parents think about the reprocussions their children will have to live with when they name them. Remember YOU don't have to live with the name your child does. How cruel!
    MissyJo68

Answer by MissyJo68 at 4:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I like it. I think it is different & has a nice historical connection. I think it sounds good as a girls name.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I teach first grade and have started to see girls with former presidents as their first name. Reagen is a popular Girls name, and Carter is popular for boys right now. You never know how people pick names!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Reminds me of the car, kind of like the name Mercedes. I hate that name for a little girl.
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 6:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i dont know i dont care for it but its her choice
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2008