hey girls!

i still havent gotten my period i tested on the first day of my missed period. but it was a neg. so im just gonna go to the doctor tomorrow. What all will they do? this would be my first baby. so im not sure if there only gonna do a blood test, or what else?Also if they did a ultrasound, would i be able to get a pic? if i ask.
(if i am pregnant)

SteffMareci

Asked by SteffMareci at 11:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not sure always just got a positve test. Every OB is different so it just depends on what you OB wants to do! Good Luckkkk!!!!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 11:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• they'll do a urine pregnancy test, if that comes back still negative, they may send u for bloodwork. unless they have an ultrasound machine in office, they probably won't send you for one unless the blood pregnancy test comes back positive. how late are you?
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you just missed your period they prob won't do an ultrasound bc there isn't much to see, they may have you back around 8-10 weeks for an ultrasound to see the heart beating. And yes you will get pictures of the little pea. They probably won't be able to hear a heartbeat yet either. You will probably just get the blood and urine test to confirm whether or not you are pregnant.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 11:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• well can i ask only for a blood test? cause i dont see the point to do a urine one.

& ill be 6 days late when i go.
    SteffMareci

Comment by SteffMareci (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• the urine test test the level of hormones in your urine if high you are if not you probably not but you might have a low hormone level (common) but i dont know if they will do that or not does not hurt to ask.
    it is a little early for a pic/ ultrasound not anything there to see hart beats around 18 days after coneption
    luv2run88

Answer by luv2run88 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It depends on your doctor. I did fertility treatments, and we did the blood test twice to confirm. I started bleeding at 5 weeks, and they did an ultrasound just to make sure that everything was in the right place. They told me I wouldn't be able to see anything, but we actually could see the "yolk sac". It was so tiny like a little grain of rice. Hopefully if they do an ultrasound your doctor will be nice like mine and let you have an early picture.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• they'll definitely do a urine test and it depends on the doctor but mine did a blood test as well. than the doctor will examine you and check your blood pressure and if your pregnant they'll do an ultrasound to see how far along you are. **Good Luck** :-)
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010