I am considering going back to birth control pills. I would like to use the one that doesn't have a lot of side effects. Anyone here taking the pill? what are you taking and what are your experience? Thank you very much

Mommylyn

Asked by Mommylyn at 11:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Health

• I'm taking TriNessa...and i'm not experiencing any side effects.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Ask your doctor about a low dose pill. Some are much lower than others. Also, ask about the different types of progestrone - different types have different side effects. Once you have a list from your doctor, look them up at WebMD.com. Users can review the drugs and talk about their side effects.
    Also be aware that the lowest dose pills do have a slightly higher failure rate. Talk that over with your doctor too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I don't need it anymore, I had a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago, but when I was on it I used the Nuva ring. I LOVED it!! No side effects, rarely had to mess with it and never had a period....YaY!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Answered at 10:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 by: Babylove76
    I don't need it anymore, I had a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago, but when I was on it I used the Nuva ring. I LOVED it!! No side effects, rarely had to mess with it and never had a period....YaY!

I have a friend of mine that's on that. she had really rough sex and didn't realize till it was too late that it fell out...and she ended up pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i was on yasmin for 2 and a half years it would upset my stomach and I would get heavy periods for a week,then i got yaz,loved it I had no side effects lite periods for fewer days.had stop taking the pill to get pregnant put I will go back to yaz.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 2, 2008