What would you think?

I would LOVE to start my own photography business and do small shoots, but I don't want to have to spend hundreds of dollars on a professional camera when mine does the SAME things and when people see my previous photgraphy of my children everyone asks me where I got the pictures made!

Lol, I always tell them, "In my livingroom". lol

My camera has the same quality shots and different styles to choose from.

I need honest opinions:
Would you back away from getting shots done by someone or automatically think less of them if they used a digital camera for their shots? Or would you judge the work based on the prints and shots taken?

I ask because I know I would be taken aback a little bit and find it odd, but I would probably wait to see the quality before I made a final judgement.

And I would NOT be charging a sitting fee.

Thanks!

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I know a lady who does digital photography, all of your photos come on a disk and she does great work and the cost is SO much better than going to a regular studio (but she does have one room in her home converted to a studio). She also did the school photos for the school where I taught and did an excellent job. No, I would not think anything less of it at all.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• As long as the shots are good. I would be fine with it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We had our wedding photos taken by an amateur with a digital camera and they came out great.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• People need to make a start somewhere and I love supporting people who are tryin to live their dream.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010