I need 'noise' for my baby to sleep.

I run a fan in my 7 month old daughter's room when she sleeps to drown out other noises so she doesn't wake up. But the fan cools off her room a lot and I don't want her to get cold. Any suggestions on what to use for that kind of noise withouth the cold air?

cj93082

Asked by cj93082 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A radio tuned in to a spot between stations so it's only white noise. It's the same sound as the fan, only without the cooling effect.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I used a womb bear. You can buy it at Toys R Us.
    MsDanielle24

Answer by MsDanielle24 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You can always just face the fan away from her. Fans don't really cool the air, they just move it, so your perspiration evaporates faster.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had a sound machine. It played white noise, rain, heartbeat...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i used a heartbeat bear, but if i had it to do over - they now sell a my first scout or my first violet (by Leapfrog) at Target for about $20. It plays your choice of several different sounds.

Answer by missanc at 11:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• we have to use a fan also at our house (it is too quiet to sleep without it) (live in the country) we have it on the lowest setting facing away from us and it does blow the cold air around the room we just use more blankets. when she gets cold i just cover her back up and make sure she is warm. she normally does not like blankets she is always warm and when she is cold she will wear a blanket and she will knock it off when she is warm so just try to keep her warm when she gets cold and let her do the rest.
    luv2run88

Answer by luv2run88 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• well, you can always use extra blankets, warmer jammies, or switch "noise" methods all together. you can try running a lullabye cd on quiet! :)
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 12:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• we have a "Sleep Sheep" that makes different sounds.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I've been using a sound machine for my Son since he was born. It's called "Sound Sleeper by Dex Baby Products". BabiesRUs has it online for $24.99. We use it every night on the "wind" sound and my Son sleeps great. It has many sounds to choose from.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We also use the Sound Sleeper by Dex. We've used it since getting it for a shower gift as my husband and I love it ourselves. Now, the baby likes the different sounds too and we can hear it through the monitor, lol.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010