need advice on losing weight after baby

i gained over 80 lbs in my first pregnancy!! i know crazy! and i only lost 30 of them after i had my dd. shes 2 years old now. when she turned one i got pregnant again and during the pregnancy ( due to nausea) i lost 25 lbs.. and towards the end of the pregnancy i gained 30 in total ( so the 25lbs plus 5 lbs).. now my second dd is 3 weeks and i have lost the 30 lbs (yaay) LOL..
My questions is..
I need to lose the weight that i have gained with my first.. i have 30 lbs that i need to lose to get back to my pre-pregnanc-ies size..lol...
whats the best way to go about this..
i am trying to have smaller meals through out the day.. lots of water.. i drink two cups of coffee (to help me stay focused with the little sleep i get) and two cups of green tea.. plus like 4 cups of water..
snacks.. not doing too well! i have chocolate(ferrero rocher) i only have like two a day! i know that needs to stop..
any advice here..

Layan82

Asked by Layan82 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight watchers worked very well for me when I wanted to lose my preg. weight. But aside from that, I would just suggest watching portion size carefully.. Cut down on carbs.. Drink plenty of water.. No late night snacking!!! Plenty of chicken & veggies.. And ofcourse exercise is key! Even if its only 3x per week, it really does make a world of difference!! GL!! :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had the same issue. gained over 60 lbs (IM only 4 foot 11 inches tall) and then a year and half later got pregnant again and lost almost 30 while pregnant. Well stress and life I gained it all back after my son was born. He is not 3. I started off using sparkpeople.com but then found www.myfitnesspal.com and LOVE it and its FREE. I have lost almost 50 lbs since april of this year. Im 18 lbs away from my first big gaol, my prepregnancy weight with my first pregnancy! Of course I dont look the same because I carry the weight in different places now but you get it. Its an awsome site and has lots of message baords and lovely people.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 11:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Drink plenty of water, eat veggies and exercise. Even if you have to break the exercise down into ten minutes 3X a day.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My hubby just started a 90 Day Challenge and he is already seeing results. He has always struggled because he wouldn't stick with anything or it was to complicated. This Challenge is super easy, he just replaces 2 meals a day with the Nutrition Shakes(which taste like a milk shake not that yucky chalky taste they usually have). The great thing is it's not just for weight loss the shakes contain so much Nutrition that he wouldn't be getting otherwise :-). Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck girlie!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 1:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Hit the gym, eat more veggies and drink more water!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If I were you I would increase my fiber intake up to apx. 27 g of fiber or more per day while upping it a lot more in water...that means a whole lot of veggies and fruits plus possibly fiber supplements. I would also suggest cutting out the one of the cups of coffee and possibly converting the tea to a pill just because both the coffee and teas are diuretics. When you exercise, alternate what muscles you work, minus your core muscle group... for instance day 1- arms and core, day 2- legs and core etc. Also make sure that you are lifting weights... I know you don't want to "bulk up..." but good news, unless you take testosterone boosters, your physiology mandates that you build lean muscle mass vs. bulky muscle mass. And the more you lift weights the more muscle you build and hence the more fat you burn. Very good on eating small meals throughout the day... it keeps your metabolism burning steady just like (continued)
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 8:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• a fire would be kept burning steady... you don't dump a whole mess of logs on it or risk killing the fire, but you steadily at one log or two at a time throughout the day and it will burn steady. As you work out, also alternate cardio, weights, stretching, etc. You don't want to develop muscle memory, because then you will just be in a rut... you want to switch things up so your body never knows what is coming next and you get the most out of your workout. Cut down on the fats in your diet... fats carry the most calories, and the object of losing weight is to burn off more than you put into your body. If you burn off the same amount as you put in it is called maintenance... and if you burn less than you put in, weight gain. I had my first son and gained a lot of weight, and then had my second son 16 months later... not got pregnant but had him 16 months later. Right now I am doing exactly what I have reccomended to (continued)
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 8:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• you and am losing weight quite steadily. I hope this helps... best wishes to you!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 8:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• STOP THE CAFFIENE contrary to many peoples thoughts on it, it is VERY bad for you and takes a toll on your metabolism, you need motabolism boosters like spicey foods, blueberries, jalepenos are the best!
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Drink lots of water.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2011