How can I get rid of lice?!

We have tried the treatments 3 times already and a haircut on SD. Do you know of any other ways to get rid of these things?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• Baby oil and vasiline. Makes the hair oily but kills it.
    MsDanielle24

Answer by MsDanielle24 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Do I just saturate her scalp with baby oil for the night or something?
    mz_erica03

Comment by mz_erica03 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• pour tee tree oil in your shampoo, they WILL NOT live in tee tree oil, they hate that stuff. If you always put tee tree oil in shampoo, you will never get lice. You can put stronger streangth tee tree in your hair by mixing a ton if it in some conditioner & letting it sit on your head.Here's a good article about it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/331354/how_i_treated_head_lice_with_tea_tree.html?cat=5

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Natural and safe remedy:
    Spray your head with Sol-U-Mel and then shampoo with Melaleuca's Original Shampoo (both are natural products). Let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse. The gross little buggers will be floating in the tub. Then tak a nit comb through your hair and the eggs will come out easily.
    To avoid re-infestation, wash all clothing and bedding with MelaPower plus Sol-U-Mel in hot water. Add 2 ounces Sol-U-Mel to 16 ounces of water and spray the entire house, especially affected areas. Contact me if you would like more information. Good luck .
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We went through this. It sucks!!! We went to a lice specialist. She combed my daughters hair for 4 hours straight. It was expensive. It didn't get rid of it completely though. After that she still had it! So I would wash her hair in the tub, then put conditioner in it. I used a metal lice comb while the conditioner was in it. I just rinsed the comb in the bath water because lice die as soon as they leave the body. I did this at every single bath for weeks. I still do it occasionally. And I still find them sometimes!!!! But it is much better now. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Wash everything in Hot water. bag up all stuffed animals for weeks. keep combing the hair with a nit comb even if you think they are gone One bug can start it all over. there is a shampoo that a doc. can prescribe its stronger then over the counter stuff.
    good Luck I know what a night mare it can be.
    georgina98208

Answer by georgina98208 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I second the tee tree oil. They don't like that. Lice also don't like any gels or sprays. I try to always put some in her hair. Tea tree oil won't kill the lice that is already in her head, you have to comb those out, but it will prevent it from spreading. According to the specialist we went to, you must comb out the lice, that is the most important thing. Comb it every night in the bath for a while. She used Pantene conditioner. Look at the movie in this link:
    http://liceoffinc.com/
    This is the woman we went to.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010