Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so my SO is a dummy....

He put the string cheese in the cupboard...
men lol
they were there over night...
are they still edible?

Answer Question

Asked by June_Mama09 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

Level 26 (26,054 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Nope better pitch them.

    Answer by ria7 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • Yes, I don't see why not. I guess it is age, but it never made me sick, and yes, I have done it before. :)

    Answer by KFree907 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • No, I wouldn't eat them I've worked in Dairy and dairy products expire roughly two hours after being in temps higher than 40 degrees.
    Toss them and laugh I've put milk in the pantry and found it a day later -palmface- my husband still brings that up every now and then lol

    Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • They might be o.k., but- i would not chance it! it is not worth anyone getting sick over-

    Answer by daisyb at 11:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • Trash them.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • I would also throw them out OR use them cooked into something (right away).

    Here's why - if there were any bacteria in the cheese (there should be some, a little bit), then in the fridge they grow very slowly but at room temp they grow faster, so you would have alot more bacteria in there after a day at room temp. If you are going to use them, so it ASAP before they make more and more bacteria. If you heat them (like cooking into a baked ziti or something), the heating will kill the bacteria so they won't make anymore..... but theeir bodies may make some people sick, even once cooked.

    Answer by at 12:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

  • nope, don't risk it.

    Answer by bratgirln1 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.