Is your DH/SO second runner up?

Did you settle for your DH/SO because it didn't work out with that one person?
My brother and I were talking about how an old girlfriend of his settled and is unhappy with her now-husband because she messed up her chances with him. So that got me into cafemom question mode :-)

To answer my question: no. I've had lots of mistakes in my past love life. But my husband is my soulmate and he's definitely not a 2nd runner up.

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• No, my dh is not a runner up. He is my best friend and I would marry him all over again.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have another man that I truly loved and I'm mad I screwed it up..... Now I'm working on leaving an abusive asshole... so yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nope, He is the one I needed all my life. We just were always in relationships when the other was free.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No, not at all. I love my husband more than anything else in this world. I would marry him again!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No I would not have settled with a runner up. He was the one fo rme.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nope, I married my high school sweetheart, there was no one else. I'm so glad I married him, he's my best friend.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nope...not at all.

There are some guys that I kind of wonder what if...but my DH is and, as far as I'm concerned, will always be the one and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not in a million years, my husband is the love of my life-I look at my past and see all the reasons I cherish my husband. Sometimes you have to taste a bad steak to really appreciate what a great steak tastes like!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nope he is my Knight in shining armour who saved me from the evil king who had been keeping me in his dungeon for 16 yrs!

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No not at all. My DH is my soul mate. There's not another man alive that can compare to him.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010