How would you handle this? Please be nice!

Ok I am so tired of it why does she take advantage of him (us) we mail child support and she is supposed to use it on the kids right well somehow she has not been putting any cash in the kids lunch account which we end up putting in I don't care about that its that she probably does this on purpose so she won't have to put anything in and pocket the rest. I don't want my sk to be hungry but I don't like the way the ex is going about it.
I feel like the more we put money in their lunch acct she waits and sees and sometimes its too late we have to put money in. We will do what it takes for the kids but damn WHY do people have to act so stupid I understand she has her own bills but come on so do we.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• That's the problem with the system. They make damn sure the parent paying the child support pays, but they don't check up on the one receiving to see how the money is being spent.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Honestly, if she's using the child to manipulate you (and she is) I would seek full custody of the kid. She does NOT need to be pocketing the money and waiting to see if the kids starves or you guys feed him/her. Thats not something a loving mother does and I would want to get that child away from her. Plus, you're already financially raising the kid, why not physically?
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• what will they do if you dont put money in the acct? wont they just start a charge? I would call the school and ask, and then I would stop putting money in if they will still feed them. She is the one that deals with the school all the time, let her walk in there and look like she is not taking care of her kid. 1 walk of shame like that and I bet she will put the money where it belongs.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Can you deduct the amount of money you put into the kids accounts from the child support? Is it in the paperwork that she is supposed to pay the lunch fees? Maybe you should send her a bill. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Kind of like a child, she knows you'll be there to bail her out. The only thing with this is the kids are the ones that would get hurt. Not sure what I would do. Maybe mention it to the lawyer see what they say. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would talk to someone about this... that is messed up she is being such an immature person... using her kids as a pawn... sounds like the father of my child
    If you're paying child support then you aren't obligated to do anything else... They will just add the money to a tab, they won't let the kids go hungry, atleast here in WA...
    call the school and ask about their policy, you don't have to mention who you are...
    GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2010