How would you make up for this? (lying to your babygirl) Be nice ladies I already feel so bad. THX

I feel soo bad bc I lied to my 7 yr. old and now I don't know how to handle it now she probably thinks I am a plain liar :(

Last weekend I signed her up for a mini camp cheerleading group and she liked it it was only for three hours and she looked a tad shy while doing her cheers but she liked it ok this was Sat. This past Fri. she was supppose to go and be with the cheerleaders of the high school and cheer along side on the field while the game was going on. Welll when time came to get ready I decided not to take her only bc it was sooo cold that evening and she was going to have to wear shorts and a tshirt. So I told her they cancelled she was like what why I said I don't know but they did...I felt so bad afterwards but it was to late to turn it around. Anyway I feel like shit and she thinks I am a liar she found out later bc she had a feeling about it and I had to fess up :( The guilt would not let me be. Venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Tell her you did not want to hurt her feelings, but that you learned your lesson & will never ever lie to her again.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The only thing you can do is come completly clean. Let her know it was not okay for you to lie, and you understand why she is upset. Tell her you only had her interest at heart by not letting her go because of the weather conditions. All you can do is explain, it is not going to change the fact that you lied, and it wont restore trust in your daughter. from this point on, all you can do is be honest with your child, and hope she can forgive you for lying ot her.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 11:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just be truthful with her and tell her you are sorrry.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Just tell her exactly what you said the reason you had for canceling. Then tell her that Mom's makes mistakes too. I wouldn't do anything bit to make up for it because then as she does things when she gets older she will think that is a way of making up for them. You do something wrong and then you do something special and all is forgiven. Just tell her you are sorry, tell her that you will not do it again and that you want her to trust you.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• just tell her why you did it and you did not want her to get sick and you did not want to hurt her feelings and let her know she will be honest to her next time.
    luv2run88

Answer by luv2run88 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We all lie, and we all make mistakes. My mom lied to me once and it really hurt. But she apologized, explained she thought it was for my own good, told me she realized that in the long run it probably wasn't and if she had it to do over again, she wouldn't have lied. Granted I was a little older than 7 years old and understood this a little more but I think that's all you can do. Teach her it's not ok to lie, but sometimes it happens and it's best to live up to them if it does.... Or don't get caught....lol jk jk! :) I wouldn't worry too much about it. Lies are no fun, but it wasn't a horrible one! ^^
    Charmasina

Answer by Charmasina at 11:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• She thinks you are a liar only because you lied to her. There's not but one way to fix this and that is to tell her that you are truly sorry you lied to her and to ask her if she can find it in her heart to forgive you. Then you should promise never to lie to her again and you should keep that promise. Even if you handle it this way, you should not be surprised when you at some point catch her in a lie. The only way to handle what you did is to be completely open and honest with her about it and to stress to her that this is not the way we are to treat one another.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would say tell her the thruth. and tell her your sorry. Personally I see this as a chance for you to teach her 2 VERY GOOD LESSONS!

Lesson 1 LYING NEVER SOLVES A PROBLEM... ONLY MAKES IT WORSE
    Lesson 2 Mommy isn't perfect and never will be.. Mommy is just a regular person who makes mistakes.. And then use it as a chance to teach her that you know how to stand up take responcibility and oppologize for you mistakes.. model what you want to see from her!
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 11:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well, you did lie to her. Now I would explain why you didn't take her and appologize for lying. Let it be a lesson that even moms make mistakes and tell her you will work harder to be honest with her. Good luck.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't make it a habit to lye to my daughters...I have always told them since they were 2 "It's bad to lye" no matter what...I do hold out on saying certain things, if they don't really need to know, I won't mention it...Learned what not to say in front of kids years ago!!!
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010