How did Whoopie take over?

I don't watch The View often, but I believe Whoopi is the newest member of the team--yet it seems like she is in charge. She starts off the show, she controls when the subjects change, she announces the guests as they come out, she sends them off to commercials, AND (most notably) when she speaks her opinion, all the others stop talking. They don't do that for each other (and she doesn't yield to any of them). How does the "newbie" get so much control? Wow.

DivaDynamite

Asked by DivaDynamite at 11:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• She has been hired as the moderator....you will see Barbara take the position when the moderator is out.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:39 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• because it's Whoopi! I wouldn't ever want to try and go against her.
    but if she's introducing and all that, it's probably been decided by the show that she would.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, i agree....She is the alpha male..But, she is also the most popular one of them all. She's done movies and everybody knows who she is. I like Whoopi...I think she's cool and has a lot of knowledge about a lot of subjects. Yet, i think the rest kiss her butt too. Who i think should be kicked off the show is that Elizabeth chick...I can't stand her!......LOL
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i noticed that Rosie was "in control" when she was on also.. so maybe it was like, they were giving it to her because she was new, but then it turned into her being the sanest of the bunch haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010