What kinds of things do you think fall under the category of a "Wifely Duty?"

I had a discussion with hubby who says I do all the "wifely things" But when asked he couldn't elaborate..

so if it were you what would you assume that ment.?

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 11:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I believe that wifely duties are things that you can't or shouldn't pay someone else to do. Cooking, cleaning, laundry...all this you can pay others to do. Raising happy, healthy, well mannered and decent children and "taking" care of your husband...those are wifely duties that NO ONE else should ever do other than you.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I take care of my husband's needs at home. I cook his meals, I do his laundry, I clean the house and I look after the kids (and in our case I educate them). I feel since he goes to work all day and supports our family 100% financially I should support him 100% at home. If something needs fixed or the lawn needs mowed, that falls into the husbandly things in my book.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Housework, raising kids, usually does not involve power tools.

My thoughts on 'wifely duties' is that I am to take care of SO's emotional well-being. That's it. Everything else is fair game for him to do as well. work inside and outside of the home along with caretaking of the children shall be split between us. Now if i was a SAHM, I would be doing more around the home just because I am there more than he is BUT that does NOT mean that he doesn't have to help out when he gets home.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• possible TMI- in our household I joke that 'i need to do my wifely duty'..........................it's a joke because it means that he's got some zits on his body that are dying to be popped!

I make a comment once about wifely duty about giving him a blow job and he didn't like that- says he never wants me to feel obligated.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My husbands "wifely duties" would include anything inside the house. Yes, that sums it up. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• laundry, cleaning, cooking and sex.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I feel my wifely duty is to be supportive of my husband not bow down to his every need.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 12:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Wifely Duties

A man had married a girl. He boasted that he told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and hot meals on the table for every meal.

He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye.

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• For me and in my marriage.

My wifely duties are as follows.

Love my husband.
    Respect my husband.
    Support and stand by my husband when he is in the right..
    Guide him and help point him in the right direction when he is wrong.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• hmmm... that is worth a beating to him I think lol!~ I can't think of one "wifely" duty.. I can only assume he meant cleaning and cooking and doing errands and basically taking care of EVERYTHING.... wow...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2010