Anyone familiar with Rudyard Kipling?

Someone compared his "Gods of the Copybook Headings" to our situation. He wrote this after world war one. His work is pretty deep and thought provoking. Do see the similarities? Was America really just fooling themselves during this past Presidential election?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have a shortcut to "If" on my desktop, but I'm not terribly familiar. I'll have to check this out and pop back in to answer appropriately. Thanks!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I like Kipling and have read his work many times. IMO this piece reminds me more of spirituality and religion. Casting stones at the differences in others... That we as people were evolving over time but remaining the same, going back to words written in stone after change within made no difference at all. We start over but we're all still the same familiar beings no matter what dogma possesses us.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sorry, never read much of his poetry. You have inspired me to look this one up, though!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

---
    I wish there was an applause feature. I really like this answer.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2010