cradle cap

so i used baby oil on my baby's head and rubbed it with a baby brush. it didn't work. now she has cradle cap and very very greasy hair. for those of you that actually did this: did it work? how did you get the oil out of their hair? i washed it twice with baby shampoo and it's still oily looking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used vaseline for the cradle cap and it took a week about for the greasy to go away.. comb it out a couple times a day - wash every other day
    my son then started getting it again at 18 months and that is when I was told to use head and shoulders also and I still use it at 3 years old
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I used baby lotion and let it sit for 20 minutes, then brushed and washed dd's hair. It worked and didn't take multiple washes to get the lotion out.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• my pedi told me to use regular head and shoulders for my 4 month old's cradle cap...it works well. GL
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I did that only at night before bed. I put a very small amount on his head after his bath and massaged it in with a baby brush. Also I had to used head and shoulders every other night. It helped a lot! Took abotu a week to notice. If you are seeing greasy hari you may have used to much
    J.Norman

Answer by J.Norman at 11:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My son never had cradle cap, but when I bathed him, I would put shampoo in his hair and gently scrub his head with the baby brush.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010