As a daughter.. what do you do to HONOR your parents?

And what do you wish your children will do for you?

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 11:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• As a daughter, I now take care of my 91 year old mom, I am doing for her what she did for me many years ago, she is now my princess and I am at her command.

Answer by older at 3:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• are you kidding? in my family you could kiss the elders feet, bring them food and tell them every day that they are honored and it still wouldn't be enough!
    so in my case, no idea!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• We're all adults. We treat each other as equals.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I wish I felt appreciated by my daughter. I am not appreciated, or honored. If anything I have been disrespected and backstabbed for years. Sad.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• As a daughter too, the thing that I can do to honor my parents is to respect them. I know that sometimes is difficult to agree with them, however I learned that respect them is more important that anything else. I hope that my child respect me because respect is a way to show real love.;D
    MadreLatinaCT

Answer by MadreLatinaCT at 12:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• How do I honor my parents??? Well, I have raised my children similarly to the way that I was raised. My children respect us in the same manner that I respected them while they were still living.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh, not enough. I do encourage my kids to visit and they do. I should visit more and do things with her. She lives with my sister so I tend to not worry knowing she is not alone. My children have a great relation ship with her which makes me glad and I guess honored by them.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• awe older that is so beautiful well i think is respect and watch after them when needed the way you took care of child
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nice question..HONOR is loving someone so much that hurting them with your actions or attitude would bring you real pain. It isn't about rolling the eyes, stompling the feet, and doing whatever it is not to get into trouble...it is true love in the sence God intended..heart felt love..God, himself knows that if we can't not or will not HONOR our parents who we see, touch, and live with how then can we HONOR Him......I want me children to know that I love them..even when what I say or do isn't "popular" with the world...I want them to turn to God in all things. I believe that children do grown and sometimes "out grow" parents, and I mean that with all respect because i have 5 children gut they(we) never out grow God. Honor is a vertue...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I only saw my mother a few times in my life. The last time I was 19 & pregnant. I found her Dying From Breast cancer. She never learned she'd be a Grandmother or shared if I had a Dad or family! That one Visit haunts me to this Day. Since now I'm Battling Triple negative Breast cancer. I look like she did!! So I never had the love of family or parents! How I always dreamed I did! I'd watch TV sitcoms and Wish I had a Family to love and Care for me! I was sure one more DD in the Brady Bunch family would have been Fine! Plus+ they drove Mopars & I'd be Happy. So no one to honor Ever!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2010