Why is it that some parents kill their kids? adult content

on the news in the past few weeks I've heard tale of moms and dads killing their babies. What would bring a parent to do that to their kids. I know kids can make things hard sometimes but what do they do that would make anyone kill them. I love my kids and can't imagine doing anything so (can't even think of a word to discribe my disgust) to them

MakG

Asked by MakG at 12:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• OMG, I see it every single day on the news, mom did this, dad did this. I could never image. I love my kids so much! They have major major problems.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• There is something wrong with them mentally. I can't even imagine harming my child so there HAS to be something terrribly wrong going on inside their minds. Like a defect or a tick.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I never understood that either.... Why not just give them up for adoption or to a relative
    I know in WA you can take them to a hospital or fire station, no questions asked....
    I have so much love for my son it's crazy, I could never imaging hurting him
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They are obviously suffering from mental illness. No one who is sane would kill their children.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Mental illness

We as parents love our kids unconditional.
    I think they go into a state where they don't know what they are doing. I could never imagine ever hurting my children nor anyone elses. It is unexplainable I guess. I think the people around them should speak up so they have help.

Family and friends do need to get involve because they see what is going on and see the help they need. Open their mouths...

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I totally agree. It's absolutely horrific that parents lose enough control to even hurt their children, or kill them. I am obsessed with Nancy Grace because she often has stories about this exact thing. It's disgusting! I can't imagine. I do not know what brings parents to do such harm to their children. There is a story that haunts me, I heard it a couple years ago, a father got upset with his wife/ex-wife and threw their 3 kids over the bridge and all 3 drowned in the river. I felt so much sorrow for those children, they were so young. One was just a baby! It breaks my heart to pieces. I wish these parents would seek help as soon as they feel they are losing control. We should all be supportive of all of the parents we know- whether it's your best friend, sister, or neighbor- we should talk to them often and see how they are doing, so if they ever seemed more stressed than normal we can be there to help them through.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They're obviously not ready for children and don't know of any other way to get rid of them. I find it really sad. Sometimes, they're just mentally off their rocker.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The reasons are, IMO, mental illness, lack of control (abuse), enjoying harming someone weaker.

I disagree with KFree that parents automatically love their kids unconditionally. Many parents love with conditions & they don't all kill their kids. Just think of parents who disown kids over orientation & religion, among other things.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Bcoz they dont have patience i seen alot of ppl beating their kids in public slapping them kicking them hitting them with brooms etc it happen in my circle of friends and i had to call the cops now she no longer with her kids she took the 9month old and was covering her mouth and nose cuz she kept crying i grab the baby and called the cops she behind bars I saw this with the first child and i prayed she wont have no more and she did but that one was her last thanks to me
    wnnababy

Answer by wnnababy at 2:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think that alot of them would either be skitzophrenic, manic depressive or just plain psychotic. You have to have something wrong with your morals to be able to kill someone, on purpose.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 4:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010