what can you do??

what can you do if you know someone that is fraudently using the social security system? (SSI) my ex gets ssi for high blood preassure! i mean we have a child together and he caint grow up and get a job i know plenty of ppl in my family that doesnt have to be on disability bc of HBP! so my question is what can you do to get him off of it so he can grow up and be more finacially stable???

ncollins885

Asked by ncollins885 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hun, it is hard to get SSI. It is a long application process and they contact doctors and review medical records and such before approving someone. Maybe he has more wrong with him that you don't know about. They don't just hand out SSI.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree with the PP. It's very difficult to get social security benefits and there's no way he's getting benefits just because of blood pressure. You don't know the full story so don't assume he doesn't deserve the benefits. You have no clue what could be going on in his life.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If he's on SSI then they found a valid reason for it. Not just anyone can get it. Sounds to me like you're just trying to get more money out of him, and if that's not the case just simply stick him where it hurts. How about you just leave him alone and let him deal with his own issues?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• he may be using the excuse when he tells other people he is on ssi, but it might be a lie...he might have a mental disability and most people won't tell the truth about that...and say something else
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• just to let it be known, im NOT getting anything out of this , its for the sake of my daughter! I have lived with this man for 3 years of my life and says on his proof of income that its b/c of HBP and bad nerves! ill never undersand that but i belive he is frauding the system!
    ncollins885

Comment by ncollins885 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well perhaps his HBP is so volitile that labor can cause health problems and death. You don't know the details behind it and daughter or not it's really not your business
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• See if there is a way you can report suspected fraud.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• You can't make another person grow up and become more financial stable. It's their desire and passion for a better life...only if they want.
    berrymorin3

Answer by berrymorin3 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 9, 2010