how to make more milk

my son he is 2 month old and because i am always doing my things out side the home so when in rushing hour i give him formula and in night some time when am tired too then it started more formula then brest now he dont want brest at all just bottle ,and i thought to bring pump ,to pump out milk for him ....i am pumping but even not one once is coming ..and i always want him to stay on brest milk until 1 year .....now i dont no what to do can u please help me and tell me how my brest can produce more milk and if any way the baby can come back on brest.

hadia

Asked by hadia at 12:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just always offer him breast before bottle. It's not too late. I guess this is considered nipple confusion. I've never dealt with it. I can't pump either. Like you, I can only get 1-2 ounces total pumping.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• def offer breast before bottle, but also (and i know its not everyones favorite) but drinking 1 non light beer a day really helps with milk flow. also of course lots of nipple stimulation and drinking water.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you want to make more milk you do need to put him to breast. He won't be happy with you, but then he won't be happy with you often through his life.

There's info on getting baby back to the breast over on kellymom.com.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Best way? Nurse directly. Honestly. It WILL increase your production. In you shoes, I would stop all bottles and just nurse. Even when it's not convienent or when I'm out. I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but it IS the best way to up supply. Also, just so you know, pump output does not equal how much baby gets while AT breast...baby gets more. :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Make sure you are taking care of yourself, number one. Then you can either take a supplement, eat certain foods (like oatmeal) - I make Milk'N Cookies which are for lactation and they definitely work (Check out my profile - if you want the recipe it is on my doula website). Try them out. You can still increase your supply, just work at it, nurse/pump more often, drink plenty of fluids, etc.

Keep up the good work, mama!
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 12:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2010