Is this normal?!?

Yesterday I began having sharp pains in my abdomen (nothing horrible though) they come, stay about an hour, then leave. Today they were a lot more frequent but this time the pain was in the right side then left side of my abdomen. I went to the ER yesterday and they didn't find anything wrong. I have a doctor's appointment today, but they said that it wouldn't be an OB related appointment and they would just be trying to find the cause of the pain.
Is the pain normal during pregnancy? I know that the baby is making room and growing right now and I'm not sure if that is what I feel or not? Any advice would be appreciated. I am 4 to 5 weeks along. I get a second blood test done tomorrow.

lc20101782

Asked by lc20101782 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• did they check to see if your pregnancy wasn't etopic? i don't know what else it could be. GL
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had that type of pain up to 11 weeks. It is your uterus stretching. Unless you have other issues (high blood pressure, diabetic, etc), it's completely normal.

I remember laying on the floor in the fetal position, wishing the pain would go away.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I am just a bit farther along that you and I had them too. I am doing fine now. I think it was just implanting, stretching, hormones, etc. Just stay on top of it, bc you don't want to ignore pain that could indicate a tubal pregnancy. Chances are it is just normal! Good luck!
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 12:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had them too and it was just round ligament stretching. I thought I was going to die. I could not breathe or move and it hurt SO bad. They eventually went away.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010