is there other ways to tell

i know they saw if your having a girl the belly is high and a boy its low is there any other ways to tell

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, that's crap. I carried low and had a daughter.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't think those old wives tales really work. I had a boy and a girl. The pregnancies were almost identical in every way. Both had tons of hair when they were born, but I only had heartburn with the second one. I think my stomach looked the same for both. I didn't have any cravings or food aversions for either. The chain dangling over my belly didn't work either time. Sorry.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 12:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• None of those tales are true. There are so many out there too- tie your wedding ring to a string and hold it over your belly: if it rotates one way it's a boy and the other way it's a girl. I also heard if you inject your urine into a rabbit and it dies, it's a boy. If it lives it's a girl. Who thinks of this stuff really?! Just wait until you have your ultrasound, or deliver your bundle of joy. And congrats!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• None of those things actually mean anything... I carried low with all my children (1 boy and 2 girls) and their heart rates were all in the same range as well.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i practically carried my son in my neck, and my daughter straight out in the middle. it purly depends on the pregnancy and body type.
    however, ive always known what my kids would be by having dreams about it. other then an ultrasound (which really isnt completely accurate) there is no way to know for sure exept birht. congrats!!!
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My ex husband says I just decided my son was a boy. LOL. I wouldn't even consider the fact that it could be a girl. I wouldn't even pick out a girl name. When the ultrasound tech said it was a boy, I looked at her, shrugged and said I know. There is no way to tell without an ultasound or amnio/cvs. Just fun wives tales.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 1:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• there are a lot of old wives tales out there. I searched online and took a couple of the quizes when I was earlier in my pregnancy, and they all gave me 80-92% chance of having a girl. At 16 weeks we found out he is definately a boy. It's fun to do the tests and all, but the only sure way to find out is amnio or when it comes into the world. Even ultrasounds aren't 100% correct.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010