Do you have a soap box?

What pushes you to preach to others?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a few, but one is vaccination. I've studied immunology, microbiology, and am studying to be a certified nurse midwife. I feel very strongly about vaccination (though I know many of my patients will feel just as strongly against it). It gets me riled up every time I see misinformation and use of outdated sources and extremist sources touting the 0.000076% risk that your kid will get yada yada yada.
    Breastfeeding is another. It makes me sad how many women don't even give it a try. I know many do and it doesn't work out for them, but some of those cases I wonder if they reached out for help (or if they did, if they received any). My cousin has hormone imbalances that prevent her from producing much milk, so I know some women have real issues. But I wish more women would try it in the beginning at least. The benefits to the baby (and mom) are incredible!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Seeing someone in an unhealthy relationship. Especially when they think there is no way to get out. There is ALWAYS a way!

Anything to do with c/s or parents who have children with more than one person.

Yes, I have been involved in all of it, so I'm a bit sensitive.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 1:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have MANY soap boxes
    Bad parenting
    I live in America I shouldn't have to press one for english
    and so on!
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 1:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have so many soap boxes and not enough laundry! lol Yes, I am compelled to rant when it comes to personal responsibility. You are responsible for yourself, not the government, not your parents, not your spouse!

hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• People who tell you to stay in a marriage "for the children" and bad parenting (various issues) are my two main ones
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010