who do your kids want to marry? adult content

I never said that I wanted to marry my dad, but my niece has said that she wants to marry my husband (her uncle)
I thought it was cute- she asked me a few times for his hand in marriage. I just smiled and told her 'well, we'd have to talk about that. But it will be a long time before you will be ready to get married, so we've got time.'
others think that it was all sick- I thought that sort of thing was normal growing up, kids saying that they would marry their parents, or other relatives.
anyone else?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• My son wants to marry me and a friend of mines daughter. I was talking to them one day and my son pulled me aside and whispered for me not to tell the little girl that he had asked to marry me. He didn't want her to get jealous!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My kids want to marry Ricky Martin and Pam Anderson.... I think it's all just part of growing up. Lot's of little boys say they want to marry mommy when they grow up.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• it is normal any body that thinks its odd doesn't spend enough time with kids
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 12:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Its very normal, whoever told you its sick must have some type of weird issues. My son was convinced he would marry me until he was almost 6.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I wanted to marry my dad. My older sister wanted to marry our uncle. My brother asked me and my little sister to marry him several times lol. It's normal kid behavior. It's not sexual, you just can't distinguish between familial love and romantic love when you're a little kid, so anyone you love must be someone you should marry :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• soooo normal ... i hate that some people in this world have to make everything dirty... im going to guess that she looks up to him and likes him a lot... prob just fun to be around
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Totally normal. I agree w/jaksonsmommy - people make everything dirty these days. Daddies giving baths, mommy taking showers w/kids etc. Good lord... anyways,
    My 3 boys haven't mentioned any prospects yet. My 14 yr old is so picky he hasn't even found anybody worthy at school to even have a crush on. He may be single forever.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• my daughters use to tell their grandpa that they wanted to marry him because he was so noce...now they shiver at the thought but realize that it was cute when they were little.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Please, whoever said it was sick is absurd. Its totally normal and cute. Once my daughter said she wants to marry her brother, but for the last year or so she is adamant that she does NOT want to get married EVER. She's 5 =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My oldest hasn't expressed any interest yet, although there's a few girls he blushes around and tries to scoot me away from when I pick him up.

My youngest has adamantly stated he'd never getting married and never having kids. They're too much work. I told him to remember that when he started liking girls
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2010