how can i potty train my 2 year old

he is a 2 year old little boy

metriusmom08

Asked by metriusmom08 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im no help, going through the same thing. We go one step forward then take two steps back. GL
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yep i know what u r sayin
    metriusmom08

Comment by metriusmom08 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• wait it out...my lil man is about to turn 2 and was using it really good for a few days and now refuses to even sit on the potty so i asked the same question and all the other mamas said to wait until he is ready... so he doesnt feel overwhelmed
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ok thanks everyone
    metriusmom08

Comment by metriusmom08 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• ok first off good luck! im gonna try to give u somekind of answer to try to help u...every child is different! i taught my 3 yr old cousin how to go on the big boy potty using only fruit loops as target practice! my youngest brother didnt wanna potty train till he was 3 and my mom struggled with him but she used a sticker chart and it worked in the end...i started out tryin to potty train my son wen he was 2 years old using only a large country crock butter tub! i know it sounds funny but it worked for me...there r so many things u can try all u hav to do is find the one tht works for ur son! not all kids r the same...i tried the fruit loops with my son and he thought it was the worlds biggest cereal bowl! but it worked for my cousin....just keep ur head up...hes still young...keep trying and see wut he likes...
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• myy lil girl was totallyy pottyy trained byy 1 everyytime she went to the pottyy she got a sticker and a hand full of animal crackers her fav. we call them cookies so she thinks she getting something good but theyy reallyy dont have that much sugar which is good for mom too hehe. i rewarded her more and more and now i dont even have to ask her she just goes but she still expects her cookies lol
    babyy_blue_eyes

Answer by babyy_blue_eyes at 2:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010