Messed up Family

There are so many people not talking to one another its been going on for years. It gets stressful around xmas time I hate it. But, the reasoning's behind not talking are good ones. I wish sometimes I could move FAR away from the bs & stress that comes with family crap. Can you relate??

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I can relate....my family get togethers were so stressful that I just stopped going. The strange thing is nothing has changed so I have heard. The only change is I am not stressed and they talk about me while I am not there. It really comes down to what you can live with. I wish you all the best hun.
    momof1withwings

Answer by momof1withwings at 6:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, I'm not really close with my family or my dh's. We are wanting to move for that reason. Our credit is screwed up and just can't afford it right now. It's sad that more families are like that than not.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I can and I do... and I did, move far away my friend. Sometimes that's the best way to get along with everybody.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think your probably a member of my family lol, good luck and I think everyone deals with this to some degree.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• This year yes, I'm not looking forward to the Holidays, but at the same time I really want to be with my family, so if someone doesnt like it tough lol. Me and my cousin are no longer speaking, but I get along with everyone else...no one really likes her though, and she isnt into the family things much, so I am hoping she doesn't show up!

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 1:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I "could" relate, and then I did move... I haven't had anything to do with the family drama for the past 3 years, focused on my family, and it's so much easier. I feel bad for our boys that they don't have extended family close to them, but I can't make them love me for me. It's their loss, and once they realize that maybe we can be a family again. It will take them reaching out to me for anything to happen, or change...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• sort of- I live 1800 miles away from most of my family, and there is STILL drama- I've been known to get into fights with my mother over yahoo IM!
    it's all part of it I guess.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I personally do not talk to my family (for damn good legal reasons), and you know what, I just dont miss it. the he said she said, you cant talk to me if you talk to them.. ugh, family (well mine) was all just jerry springer wanna be bs! I enjoy the small tight nit un blood related family I have created for myself, and I dont have to deal with any of the bs! :)
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 1:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes! DH and I moved across the state to get away from the BS and drama of my family and it has been wonderful!!!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i can deffinately relate to this! mine and my moms side of the family is cool,calm,friendly so we never hav n e problems with bullcrap or stress except for the stress of wondering if we r gonna hav enough food for everyone lol...now my stepdads side of the family is stressful,crazy,full of drama,loaded with bullcrap...i cant stand them really! only a few of them r worth speaking to...my mom moved herself,my stepdad,and my 2 half brothers to florida just to get away from the bullcrap...
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010