Was I wrong?

So a friend gave me her daughters baby clothes NB to 12mnths quite a few friends gave me there babies old stuff because they are done and didnt need them anymore. 1 of my friends I past down my little boys clothes to. The friend who gave me the NB to 12mnths isnt planning on having kids anytime soon. When my daughter was 6 mnths she had just grown out of NB and most 0 to 3...SO I had posted all the 0 and 3 and NB that she gave me, I got for my showers, I bought, my other friends have given me, and alot of these newborn to 18mnths my moms friend told me to keep or toss. It sold for $30.00. After that I ended up asking all 3 of my friends if they wanted there baby clothes back after since I wont be needing it. All said NO except my 1 friend who said yah so she can sell them. So I have been saving them in storage and havent got around to getting them for her my life has been hectic. My daughter is now 10mnths an still in 6...cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Months clothes…so I have the nb 0 to 3 and 3 to 6 just have to go to storage and sort through it. And than I can give it back. She texts me yesterday telling me if I really have them cause im giving her the run around but im truelly not I work full time go to school, and am newly separated dealing with a 4 yr old and 10mnth old my time is scarce. Shes like well if you don’t have it just tell me. I said I do I haven’t sold any. Than she says well you’re a liar and I am calling you out. I seen on your ebay back in july you sold a lot of clothes for 30.00 so you’re a liar. And I said oh I forgot about that small lot but most of it wasn’t yours and I offered you the clothes after that. I mean I didn’t feel the need to tell her oh but I already got rid of some when she gave them to me she didn’t ask for them back I just told her after that if she wanted them and when she asked me yesterday she said I was a liar
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I forgot and I had told her if she wanted them back after
    She basically ended our friendship over this telling me that I deserve all the hurt ive been put through cause im a liar and a hypocrite. I couldn’t believe it. She told me shes sending her BF over to get all the stuff last night that she gave me. 1st of all my daughter is still wearing this and I don’t have the time to sit through the closet last night an pit pat what she gave me or what not. I told her within a week ill get her stuff together. But I just feel shes being so petty. I mean really?
    NIKKIANDYBABY

• I dont think you did anything wrong. Just try to go through it as soon as you can and I honestly wouldnt be friends wiith her any longer. She should know what you are going through. PLus if you plan on keeping clothes you dont give them to someone else. Thats just not how it works unless you say from the beginning dont sell these I need these back please. Blah I hate people. Sorry hun.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well you should have just told her the truth.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Sorry i didnt read the third post! F*** that! Oh well, she wasnt a good friend anyhow. Take your clothes and have a nice life. Again Im sorry.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• mmm but I didnt not tell her the truth..When I had offered her back the clothes she didnt ask did you get rid of any I just told her do u want the clothes when lei outgrows them...And when she asked yesterday I forgot I had sold a few pieces
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• And she says im a amazing friend..Well a freind would realize I simply forgot I sold a few of them in July...My mom told me to tell her to go take me to court...she gave them to me and to never talk to her again but im trying to be the BIGGEr person and give them back since she seems to really need to sell them
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It sounds to me like she got mad at seeing you sold some of the clothes because they were given to you. Maybe she thought because they were given to you that you should only consider giving them away also. She may not be looking at your side of the story and sounds as if she is trying to purposely start crap.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• And than she texts me yesterday and I want al lthe blankets, and head rest, and bumbo I gave you back too..And I told her well I have the boppy but the other stuff I gave to a needy neibor you didnt tell me you wanted that back...I mean gawd if shes that pissed I sold a few items she gave me I can give her the 6.00!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Once she gave them to you they are yours to do with whatever you wish. She is totally being petty and stupid. I would rejoice that she broke off the friendship. Now you have time to spend with nice normal people.

If you really do what the friendship back, give her back whatever you can find... on your schedule, and a few dollars for the clothes you ended up selling.

Personally I wouldn't bother, because she seems like a hag.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010