My 3 yr old girl's 2nd toe is swollen and painful?

I have taken her to the dr and they took an xray but that came out ok. The dr said it seemed more like a toe injury than a bite. She said it should start getting better, but it hasnt it is just the same. Has anyone had this happen to your kid. Please let me know if you have any idea what this is, just getting a lil worried because the swelling isn't coming down too much. Thanks.

Avon_Girlie

Asked by Avon_Girlie at 1:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• Maybe she jammed it? Could it be a bee sting? Its hard for foot injuries to heal quickly because you are constantly walking around. Try and keep her off her feet if at all possible and put some ice on it. I would take her back to the doc if it still doesn't get better.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i do not have a real answer but i would follow doctors orders and my own instinct. if your child is hurting, call and talk to nurse or make another appt. there have been times when i was brushed off, i persisted and my child was taken care of. GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• could be a spider bite? was she running & got it hooked on a corner? I broke my toes & it takes months to heal so give it a couple more days & go back if not better.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well thing is I have no idea what actually happened. At first we thought it could be a bite but dr said it didnt look like it. My daughter is really active and gets hurt when she plays outside she loves to run and she falls sometimes, so were thinkiing maybe she did stub it really good. It's red too.
    Avon_Girlie

Comment by Avon_Girlie (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010