did you take a birthing class

AprylnAtticus

Asked by AprylnAtticus at 1:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope! My time is worth to much to waste!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• nope... figured it prob wouldnt help when im doing it... the docs and husband and other family helped.... i dont think you need it but if you have extra time and money it could be a good experience
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, I did it with my first and took Lamaze classes which turned out to be a blessing, I highly recommend it if this is your first.

Answer by older at 1:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes, and it was a big waste of time. we didn't learn anything we hadn't read in a book. the instructors rushed through the entire sessions, and it was nothing like what i'd expected, from talking to other first-timers. i'd go as far to say you could probably get better info on the internet/youtube..which can be scary, i know.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes,With both of my kids even if you just go for the breathing techniques.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I took lamaze with my first two.... not too much help. I took hypnobirthing this time and think it will be the best thing i've done my whole pregnancy :) GL!
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 1:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• never did.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I didn't with my first daughter, relied on my fiance to remember from his boys who were at the time 9 and 7, bad idea. Then I tried to find online classes to use and watched videos with my fiance since we couldn't afford a babysitter for our at the time 2 year old daughter. ANOTHER bad idea. Both labors I had a hard time doing was I was "suppose" to do and got very confused and ended up getting an epidural both times. This time around I am taking a birthing class, I want to do this last birth 100% drug free and also I do NOT recommend getting induced that SUCKED BIG TIME!
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 1:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No. I've heard that if you read the birthing books then it's basically the same thing without the hospital tour.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2010