are you ashamed to cry?

I have the biggest issue with crying in front of ANYONE. Just the other day I had an emotional meltdown in front of my husband and felt like a complete moron! I tried to stop crying, I just couldnt, and then, well, I just couldnt look him in the face. It is nothing he does to make me feel this way, since I feel this way with anyone. just wondering if anyone was the same way?

icn_mom

Asked by icn_mom at 1:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i will do anything to avoid it
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 1:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm not exactly ashamed but I HATE to do it in front of people. I usually go somewhere alone to let it all out. And I need to calm down before I can discuss things that have upset me so it doesn't do any good to start crying and not be able to explain why at the time!
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 1:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• In public,yes. I feel weak

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Are you kidding? My nickname should be water fountain. I cry whenever the emotion hits me, which is often, and in varied places. I openly weep at the movies, when I'm talking about something emotional, in some type of group setting that discusses problems etc. I use to be very strong but something about becoming a mother opened up the water well of tears. I'm not embarrassed.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no im not
    mary40407

Answer by mary40407 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm not ashamed but, i will not cry in front of anyone- over the years it has become easier to cry in front of my husband though!LOL! Growing-Up, Crying just didn't happen in my house- My dad would Lose It! i have tried to instill in my kids to Cry anytime they wanted to; that is was o.k.- i never wanted them to feel like i did- Crying is Good for you but, i guess alot of people just don't know how to handle it when someone is Crying! Kinda Crazy HUH? Don't be ashamed to cry in front of your husband- he is your Safe Place:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i'm the same way you are. I hate crying in front of anyone!
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 1:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no i have no shame....crying is a form of relief of stress for me..
    mylife04

Answer by mylife04 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not ashamed, but embarrassed. I sooooo rarely cry at all - let alone in public, so you can imagine my mortification at crying in the airport when they deplaned me and sent me to a hotel overnight. I just hadn't seen my kids in 10 days, d*mmit! Haha.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It depends on my mood and the situation. Sometimes I can cry at the drop of a hat. But, if I choose to get angry instead, look out!
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010