Do you have any selfless plans?

I want to make a difference this hoiliday season.. Any thoughts on what to do? Or how to make a difference to others?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• We donate toys and volunteer at the homeless shelter every year.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:55 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• not yet, but I should.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• if you can do it adopt a family
    donate to any charities around you...
    This yr since our 9 yr old now knows about Santa, we are teaching him that giving
    is a good thing and why we do it...
    We tell him that since he knows we are his Santa, that means other parents/grandparents are other
    childrens' Santa and not everyone has money to have a good Christmas so we help by donating, and
    helping when we can so others feel special that day too...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• donate to toys for tots.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Toys for Tots, Angel tree. Those are ones we normally do. We also advertise a free box of non-perishable foods and gently used toys and clothing, etc. on freecycyle to go to someone who would otherwise not be able to afford the holidays. I can't afford to spend much myself, but my kids get so much from their grandparents and half the toys they got the year before are still in excellent condition, so it helps out someone else to provide some sort of Christmas for their kids. I could easily sell the stuff on ebay or craigslist and make more to buy my kids stuff, but it is SO worth it knowing that some child is having a good meal and at least a few presents under the tree.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Angel tree or we make food boxes for hospice family with food and gifts. I also try POLITLY ask teachers if they know local family in need and try drop box off on their door
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• give coats , blankets , shoes to homeless people or donate them to womens shelter
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Angel Tree
    Food Drives/Banks/Churches
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2010