positive opks for 3 days in a row, on the 3rd day very very DARK positive opk

What does this mean?

prettygirl2810

Asked by prettygirl2810 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't understnd the test either honey... I never got a full dark colored or equal to the control result and I tested for the last 3 months.... this past time we went for it... so even though I couldn't figure out if I really had a positive result, I felt like I was ovulating so I hope it worked!
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 1:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Your not supposed to keep testing after you get a positive. Almost all of the boxes for those test tell you that.

The reason is because the LH can remain in your system even after you ovulate. Once you get a positive it means that you MAY ovulate in the next 12-48 hours. The OPKs aren't very accurate because women can have LH surges that do not preceed ovulation and then could end up missing their ovulation because they think they've already ovulated.

It may have been darker because there was more LH or it could have just been a more sensitive test. Test sensitivity can vary between boxes and even between test in the same box!

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart. Charting is much more accurate, less expensive and there is no guessing unlike the OPKs.

GOOD LUCK!! BABY DUST!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no idea but good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• U get the lh surge for roughly 24-72 hours and can ovulate Nytime between I had positives for 4 day but od on the 3rd day
    mommyof2girl2

Answer by mommyof2girl2 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 9, 2010

• We bd the first and 3rd day hope we caught it thanks every1!
    prettygirl2810

Comment by prettygirl2810 (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Nov. 9, 2010