Is this really what republicans/tea partiers should be focusing on?

It seems that the main agenda for Republicans and tea partiers is keeping Obama from getting re-elected. Is this really a constructive way for people to spend their time? Shouldn't these people focus on improving the country and let voters want to vote for Republican/tea party candidates instead of against Democrats?

I'm not saying that all they care about is keeping Obama from getting re-elected, but that's just the impression that people I know and I get.

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 1:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• what would you like them to focus on?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• *shrug*
    the whole thing is stupid. I stopped paying attention a long time ago. the GOP does not know how to lead, it does not know how to do what is best for the American people. Hell, we had barely gotten over the crap Reganomics put us through before we got another conservative hack spouting Austrian economics (economic theories that weren't taken seriously for YEARS after they were published) and guess where it got us?

I don't have a lot of faith in the American people to connect previous events to current ones, nor to think critically, but perhaps giving them another run will finally prove that pure supply side economics will kill a society.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would like them to stop focusing on Obama and stop focusing on changing the entire tax system/political system and instead work on creating new jobs, improving our country's security, infrastructure, and rebuilding our country's manufacturing sector. They (including Democrats) can focus on ideology and party agendas when people can earn a paycheck and not worry about affording diapers and groceries.
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• what would you like them to focus on?

The economy, the deficit, the things they lied and said they were focused on

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I told you their only focus was to take this country back, not move us forward or do anything productive. It was simply a take-over.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• How would you like for the GOP to work on rebuilding the manufacturing sectory?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• **sector.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Lol, since the main focus for Obama and the Democrats is to make sure Obama DOES get re-elected, I think they'd better at least focus on it. Obama has already started (did he ever stop?) campaigning. If they ignore that fact, they're fools.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 2:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Stop giving subsidies to companies who have factories overseas, support American-made products, and things like that. I'm not an economic expert, and I can't give all the correct ways to improve manufacturing....but thats what Congress is there for, and they have consultants to figure these things out.
    art.diva

Comment by art.diva (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• So then you want Congress to just fix things but you're not sure how, and you're complaining before they get sworn into office. Is that it?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010