Afraid to touch my bellybutton!!

When I was little my mom told me not to play with my bellybutton or it would unravel(sp) and I would die(I guess I'd play with it a lot). Well about 4 weeks ago I had a tuba ligation where they had an incision in my bellybutton and two others near my pelvis. Needless to say I'm even more scared to touch my bellybutton. I know I wont die, but I still cant do it. Anyone else the same way?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 1:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• Well, It makes me feel weird to touch my belly button.. I can't stand that internal feeling so I can relate to not being able to do it.. I have to tense my whole body to even clean it..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• nope but good luck to you either way :)
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Nope it doesn't bother me in the least.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• LOL. Thats the cutest thing I ever heard, your mother is a trip. Its like the saying if you bite your finger nails a hand will grow in your stomach. Or if you eat a watermelon seed a watermelon will grow in your belly. As you can tell I used to put alot of things into my mouth. My parents weren't as clever. They told me not to touch my belly button or it will get irritated. No fun.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010