Slow-cooker pot roast made with wishbone italian dressing??

Anyone have a recipe for this? It was a roast that a friend brought to a potluck about 5 years ago and I would Love to make this for hubby. I know wishbone was her "secret" ingredient, and she used mushrooms as well...
Thanks in advance mamas! :)

CinnamonScallop

Asked by CinnamonScallop at 1:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ive never tried Wishbone, I always use Lipton dry onion soup mix. We had it yesterday in fact. CM has a great couple of crock pot groups with tons of receipes in it..good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thanks mama- Yeah I usually use the onion soup mix as well, its just this roast she brought was so amazing- tangy, and tart, zesty, and just melted in your mouth. I know she slow cooked it, but maybe in a dutch oven- who knows... its one of those "unicorns" lol...Every once in a while I will try to find a recipe and then forget about it until a year or two later lol
    CinnamonScallop

Comment by CinnamonScallop (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• here is a boat load of roasts using either italian dressing, or italian dressing mix. It's called Italian Beef Pot roast

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/c,2495,0,Italian-Beef-Roast-Recipes.html

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I gave you a "BUMP."
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 3:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Thanks ladies! Thanks for the responses!! If any of you have a recipe of your own, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for your time!!!
    CinnamonScallop

Comment by CinnamonScallop (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Hey I ended up doing half a bottle, with a can of mushrooms, some gravy mix, onions, garlic and julienned carrots... Cooked on high in the slow cooker for one hour and then followed with 7 hours on low... turned out pretty tasty. Wasn't the same as what I remembered, but hubby was still happy! Thanks for the tips mamas!
    CinnamonScallop

Comment by CinnamonScallop (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2010