im still married legally but im pregnant by someone else can he be put on the birth certificate

my husband and i have been apart for over a year, we are not divorced though or legally seperated we have just been living seperate lives neither of us can afford the divorce i moved in with my boyfriend months ago we are having a baby due in february and i wanted to know if he was going to be able to be put on my baby's birth certificate even though he is not my husband

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• NO. You can't. I'm going through this right now myself. In order to have your boyfriend on the birth certificate you have to sign an acknowledgment of paternity with your boyfriend and have your ex husband sign off on it as well in front of a notary. Lets just hope your ex isn't a ****head like mine and signs the papers for you.
    Dajennible

Answer by Dajennible at 2:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes he can be.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• it only costs $80 at the court house to get papers to file. You don't need a lawyer if you both want the divorce & arent fighting over anything. Just walk up to the clerk & tell them you need divorce papers. You could both easily split the $80 fee for the legal paperwork.

You can put his name on the birth cirtificate...you HAVE to put the actual father on there if he wants to be in the childs life. Does not matter who you're married to. He may have to do a paternity test though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, you can put John Smith at the father if you wanted
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 1:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• He may have to submit to a DNA test, or sign an affadavit of paternity (my husband had to because we weren't married at the time) but yes, with one of those things you can put anyone you want on a BC.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yep
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It depends on the laws of your state. I know in Florida you can't without having to jump through all kinds of hoops..
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010