living in nothern Maine?

My family is being relocated to bangor Maine and I was just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the best cities(close to bangor) schools, neighborhoods,moms club, all that good stuff, We have no family or friends anywhere close to the notheast( we are coming from Illinois) so any info would be a great help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Travel

• I have friends in Bangor and Brunswick.Bangor is actually quite beautiful. the cost of living there is quite high but the area is very natural, outdoorsy and healthy. Lots of access to the ocean and state parks, lots of antique shops and tourist areas. I loved it up there, but in the winter it gets dark around 330 pm and for me that was really strange. Actually, Bangor would be the place to live IMO. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My fiance wants to move my family from Ms all the way up to Maine and I said i'm not leaving cause thats to far away from my family
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010