what is harder to quit smocking or to quit alcohol?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Health

• i THINK It depends on the level of addition you have towards each or anything you are addicted to. I am 1 year free from smoking (cigarettes that is ) and it was terribly hard for me because I used it also as a social crutch and emotional crutch so it was not only a physical addiction.. so I am sure it goes the same way with alcohol.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• never had to do either.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think i spelled smoking wrong but i ment smoking not smocking
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think they are both addictive horrible habits, and wanting to quit either one is what is important.

Answer by older at 2:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Smoking- you can smoke all day long without passing out or becoming impaired.

Drinking alcohol first thing in the morning? Before you enter the workplace? In your car?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I was just curious what people thought i am a smoker but i hear it being compared to alcholics trying to quit so i though i would ask
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't smoke. I did drink, but when my husband started going to AAA I stopped drinking too. I don't miss it
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I don't have a problem with alcohol, but I can tell you from my own experience that it is VERY hard to quit smoking, especially if you've smoked any length of time.
    ThreeKidsEnough

Answer by ThreeKidsEnough at 6:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2010