can u lose a baby without knowing it?

I went almost a month in the past without a period and had all the symtoms and all test were not showing up, so i was wondering if i could have been and lost it. curious

nitamae86

Asked by nitamae86 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It happens. Many times when women don't know they are pregnant, they have a m/c but just think it was a late period.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes, it happens all the time. Usually, people just think that they are getting their period and it's heavy.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yes if its early enough... it can seem like a normal period... i miscarried and had i not taken a test i would have not know the difference except a little more pain which may have been in my head because i was very sad and hearbroken
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Not as likely as just missing you period due to stress. Because usually even if the baby dies you still have hcg in your system and will test positive on a pregnancy test. I know that after my miscarriage it took me a a few months for my hcg levels to go down. I had to go once a week and have them tested.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh and after reading the other posters they are so right. Within the month is very common. I am such a dork and way over thought that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes. A miscarriage that doesn't carry through isn't as common as a regular miscarriage, but it does happen.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• thank u everyone because i was in real pain it felt like contractions and it was heavy bleeding as of right now i am still trying i am 2 days late for my period but i am hoping this time
    nitamae86

Comment by nitamae86 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• They say most ladies have had at least one miscarriage and many don't even know it because it's just like a heavy period.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010