what would you do with this cat?

we have a kitten we rescued when she was about 6 weeks old.... she is now about 8 months old.... she poops in the litterbox and never outside of it... but she likes to pee in a lot of spots in the house no matter how well i clean the spots she keeps doing it and now she is doing it in new spots... he litter box is clean so i dont know why she is doing it... she has all her shots and she is spayed so i dont think its a heat thing or sickness... what would you do?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pets

• What are you cleaning it with? The cat may be able to smell it when you can't. We got some stuff at the pet store that completely removes the odor. I bet someone there could help you. Good luck!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Did she just start doing it out of the blue one day? I would take her to the vet to rule out a UTI or kidney infection. Other than that, I don't know because I've never had a cat.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i hope someone can help me... sometimes she uses the kitty box others she does not... she pees in like 6 or 7 spots in the house and she is finding more spots to go
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think the cat misses being one, and doing the things they do naturally, and this they can only do outside, she is trying to tell you to let her out!

Answer by older at 2:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• no she started when we got her but its just annoying... husband is getting fed up and so am i... she peed in my sons room last night and i dont tolerate it well
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree with CollinBayleeMom~~Could be an infection~~Probably should take her to the vet to rule that out
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yeah thats confusing if she is fixed. My cat was spraying all over the house and it stopped when he was fixed. Call a vet and ask for their help with this.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• io tried to let her out and she just meows at the door ... unless the other cat is around then she might follow it for a little bit then meows at the door again
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• It is nearly impossible to get out the amonia smell. Even if you can't smell it she can, because animals have a great sense of smell. With that, it's not about how well you clean it, it's about training her. She has cleraly found it more enjoyable to pee in other parts of the house. Take a spray bottle and spray her everytime you catch her peeing outside of the litter box, then take her to the box. If she finishes peeing in there then praise her. If you don't catch her, but you find a spot. Take her to it, put her nose to it and firmly say "NO!". Then take her to the litter box and praise her if she goes. After a while she'll get the hint and stop going everywhere.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2010