i plan to enroll my son in daycare next month he will be 6 months old. i know he is still young. but i will starting to work full time and finishing my last semester of college. my family always has something negative to say about a baby going in to daycare. i mean know it is hard trusting your child with complete strangers and the germs. {more below}

but hey i have to do what i gotta to do make more money for my son and i and most of all finish my college education. the crazy thing is none of them wants to commit everyday to caring for my son. so i dont see what the problem is..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started taking my son at about that age. I don't see why you would feel bad. They are paid to give him attention and start teaching him things. It will amaze you how much they can start picking up even at that young age.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Tell them to STFU or volunteer to watch your child for free.
    Anonymous

• if they ain't willing to babysit, they can't say nunthin!!

(using my southern talk :)
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry they are making you feel so bad !~ *hugs * its hard enough to make the decision or not have a decision other than put your child in someone elses care without guilt as it is, let alone to have your family add to it.. its NOT their decision and you should be upset they are making it so hard for you. My son is in daycare and its very hard for me to trust anyone with my child. He was in a center when he was younger because I felt that it was safer.. he is now in a home daycare because personality wise-he didn't handle the center type of care.. do what is best for YOU and YOUR son.. good luck!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree with both PPs. If they are not offering to care for your child while you work, they have NOTHING to say.

My DD was in daycare from age 1 to age 3.5. I am home this year with the new baby. Any who- she did FINE, and really enjoyed it.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• This option is for you not everyone else , me myself being a sahm i took care of my daughter till she was 4 yrs old then i started work but i also wasn't on my own i am married so if you are not married do what you need to do it is up to you not everyone else , if you need more money then go for it if they were really good family and friends they would help you by taking care of your kid so you can go to school and finish
    helpneededinCt

Answer by helpneededinCt at 2:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would understand the safety concerns but if they wont vouldnter to what your son then yea tell them to keep quite . And the kids enjoy it and they learn a lot at daycare
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 2:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree w/the PPs. My son has been at a sitter from the time he was 10 weeks old (he is 5 now) and my daughter since she was 8 weeks (she is 3 now) we both work and it works for us.

whatever works for you and your family and everything is it no one elses business.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010