Vaginal or Cesarean?!

Did you or are you going to have a VAGINAL or CESAREAN birth?
How long was labor?
How did the procedure go?
Any regrets or advice for other moms?
Whats the last thing you remember happening before birth and first thing you remember saying after giving birth?

JONNAE

Asked by JONNAE at 2:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a c-section. I was in labor for 12 hours. My c-section was an emergency. I totally regret letting the doc induce me. I remember counting to 3 when they knocked me out and woke up 2 hours later in a post-pardum room.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had two vaginal births and my last child was an emergency c section at the ripe age of 40, I was in labor three hours for the first two for the second, and not even an hour for the third. There is nothing like a vaginal birth, after experiencing both, the last thing I remember with the c section was a lot of worried faces, and the first I said coming to, was how is the baby?

Answer by older at 2:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i had a vaginal with both my kids, with dd idk how long i was in labor b/c i didn't know i was until i went in to the doc for a check up and he told me i was in labor, with my ds i was in active labor for about 2 hours...it went better the second time b/c my epidural didn't work with my dd.. i regret nothing/ last thing i remember with my dd was telling the student nurse to "leave me the f alone" and after, i said "she's perfect"...with my ds the last thing i remember before birth was my ob saying "let's do this" lol and after i had him i said "ron (my dh) count his toes"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Vaginal. 7 hours. AWESOME!!! The nurse said, "Whoa, his head is right there, let me go get the doctor!!" LOL Then, When I got to hold him, I told him Happy birthday.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Let's see... I had a c-section and last thing I remember was the image of my son being held up above the blue curtain before I got amped up with dope!
    I left work on a Friday afternoon with back pain. Saturday I bared it then Sunday I tried walking it off in the pool, that same night I admitted myself into the hospital. I WAS IN LABOR! LoL
    I was 5cm (1/2 way) Dialated & 2-3minutes (close) apart contractions.
    The procedure went well. I didn't expect to have a c-section, I really wanted a vaginal/ natural birth. Seeing it took baby from 11pm on Sunday til 5pm on Monday to come (10cm/ fully dialated) and the last nurse I had looked at me & my s/o saying "You know thats gonna be a big boy right?!" I decided to go ahead with the c-section.
    I have no regrets, I healed in the hospital for 3 days. I made sure I walked (after sitting on ur butt for so long it really made a difference) I barely have a scar & I have the best gift!
    JONNAE

Comment by JONNAE (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I had vaginal with my son, it took 5 and half hours. The last thing I remember before the birth was being told to push and the first thing I remember is asking the midwife at least ten times if it was definately a boy lol, I'm currently pregnant and as long as no emergencies arise will be having a vaginal birth again ::)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Oh... and the first thing I remember saying after I came out of my daze as the nurses wheeled me to the recovery room was "OMG I felt like I was in willy wonka and the chocolate factory or alice in wonderland"! They just nodded and smiled! hahaha Recovery took forever (or what felt like forever -three hours) First thing I said when I say my s/o, "I love you! How's our boy?!"

God we are powerful creatures!
    JONNAE

Comment by JONNAE (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My first was an induced labour at 37 weeks (preeclampsia) ~26 hours, the epidural kept wearing off and had to be taken out and redone, and a vaginal birth. The second one, I was in labour for 22 hours (didn't realize it b/c HE was @ 37wks also!) and wound up with an emergency c-section because he was transverse breech. I'm told d/t the complications that there is no way I will be able to labour with any future pregnancies and will probably be scheduled at around 36-37 weeks.
    I'd definitely rather deliver vaginally, but I guess it isn't in the cards.

With my elder son, last thing before delivering was "I just had an epidural; I can do ANYTHING!" and afterwards, "He doesn't look like a troll." With the little guy, I have no idea what I said, but I think I was jabbering through most of the section.
    bethnylara

Answer by bethnylara at 2:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• First was an emergency c-section. I was in labor for 36 hrs. After they tried to break my water (i was almost 33wks) babys heart rate dropped and the last thing I remember is them running me down the hall say "everything is ok" and taking me into an operating room. When I woke up I was in soo much shock and kept saying that they were choking me (because I remember them trying to put the tube down my throat) and crying hysterically because I was in alot of pain as well.

My 2nd was a vaginal birth. I was in labor for 27hrs. Had an epidural after 16. Everything went pretty well besides they left part of my placenta in that made me hemorrhage several weeks later....but thats a different story. I do not remember the first thing I said but I know I cried ALOT
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• All 3 of my kids were vaginal and I loved it. I had all natural labors - none went over 12 hours and my last one was so not intense that I barely made it to the hospital in time. It was always in question whether I was actually in labor so I kept opting to get sent home until my water broke and I was pushing....then we had to B line it. haha. I LOVED communicating with my baby and my body fully, I loved that I felt and was fully capable of bringing my baby into the world without "help". My body is awesome and I am in awe of it's amazing capabilities!!

My first I said "OMG He's out." over and over again. I was 17.
    My second I said "my baby" a lot and did the skin to skin/nursing thing with her right after
    My third was "here you are" with skin to skin and the best latch out of all my babies. He nursed for an hour.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 4:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010