Is GWB hurting his party with his book?

"I thought the financial crisis gave John his best change to mount a comeback," Bush writes. "In periods of crisis, voters value experience and judgment over youth and charisma. By handling the challenge in a statesmanlike way, John could make a case he was the better candidate for the times."

Bush says he asked McCain to hold off on a meeting, citing concerns that it might jeopardize talks between congressional negotiators and then-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson. But Bush says McCain ignored his appeals--and thereby handed Obama an opportunity to describe him as "erratic."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think GWB hurt the party period ... regardless of his book.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• LOL..No I dont. Seeing as how they have been leaking portions of the book for WEEKS and the repubs just took the house on Tuesday. and a good portion of the senate. i think that those who hate will always hate him and no matter what he says in that book they will STILL hate him. So there really is no one left to sway....especially since this man has NO POWER and no plans to try and GET power. :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Since you do not provide a link, and you have a bad reputation of adding spin and lies to  anything you post, I will wait to read the book, or get my information from a more reputable source.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Is GWB hurting his party with his book?

GWB hurt his party with his policies...  But I am sure there will be some media, libs, and liberal loon pundits who will continue to pin Bush's name to whatever they can..  Riding the Bush-Blame-Bus for whatever they can.... Afterall, they have demonstrated~ that is how they roll.. ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yawn***
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• No not at all. There is nothing he could do that would make the idiots hate the Republicans more than they already do.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well, I don't consider John McCain a real Republican so it doesn't really bother me if GWB talks crap about him. I also recall hearing stories about that meeting and how McCain was unprepared. I really doubt his book is going to hurt the GOP. I see him as a sperate entity compared to today's Republican party.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Op are you going to read Bush's book and formulate your OWN opinion?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I have to agree with Natesmom. The only thing I have against Bush is he was not conservative enough.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I hope so!...just kidding...sort of ;-)

He definitely thought it might hurt the mid-term elections, because the publishers wanted to release it in September which would be better from a sales perspective, but he insisted that they wait until November.

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010