loose green bowel movements.

My daughter in the passed week has had at least 3 days of looser green bowel movements. I know it is not from veggies or vitamins what could be causing this. She screams her stomach hurts and then she finally goes loose and green. Plz give opions.

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 2:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• How old is she?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• She is 3 1/2.
    mommy2each

Comment by mommy2each (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The stomach virus is going around everywhere. My son just got over it, and now I have it. He was throwing up and having loose bowel movements. I would watch for fever and or ask if anyone in her school if she goes to school if anyone is sick.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Well the whole family had it this past weekend. none of us had a fever. she has not thrown up at all like the rest of us. Last week this happened also and after she cleaned out she was fine so I originally thought she was just constipated now I am not sure. I just was wondering also does the color mean anything?
    mommy2each

Comment by mommy2each (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Green stools are usually caused by the dye in certain drinks and foods. I know black/purple dye in frosting is notorious for it, as well as purple colored drinks.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• is she feeling better?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Certain dyes can cause that, I remember my son eating fruit loops and having green poop.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2010