Relationship question..What to do?

Me and my BF have been dating for 3 years. 1 month ago, he and I got into a really big fight and I said some very hurtful things to him..Which was not the 1st time. Anyhow, we broke up and yet he contacted me a few days ago saying he wanted to try again.

Now, not even 3 days into it. He is having mixed feelings and does not know if he can get past the pain of the things i said to him that night. (Which were very, very hurtful)..And now he just wants to be friends, and see if we can get our relationship back!..He says that if he sees me, he will want to be with me again because he loves me. He says he does not want to see anyone right now and that he's happy being with himself!..

What should i do in this situation?...Stay and be friends and hope he gets past this?....Or, move on?...

I feel bad for the things i said. And i want to wait for him to heal from this...However, i don't know if this is a game either?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• First step is to say you were very wrong for the things you said and ask him to forgive you. That applies whether he goes or stays. Second step is to give him time to heal. There are many people in this world who have to have time to get over major hurts and to push them causes them more problems. I would wait and see what happens. If he decides he really wants to try again, then be more careful in the future to control your tongue and what comes out of your mouth. Words cannot be recalled once they have been spoken, and they can cause great harm.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think at this point all you can do is apologize and let him decide what he wants to do. Obviously he's confused because he still contacted you.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• If you really love this person then wait it out if you can. If you decide you do not love this person then move on slowly. I think he is just hurt and will take some time to get over what you said. May what ever you said this is his way of working out the problem. Just wait and see what happens cause it does sound like he loves you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Don't push him or expect him to get over the hurt quickly because whatever you said, stung him. Be patient and learn from this.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• all of the above that was said. good luck. follow your heart/gut!
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I would give him his time.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010