? About Thank You Cards

What do you think about the thank you cards for weddings that have a picture on the front and a thank you printed on the back. I got a group shot of everyone at the wedding and I want to send the picture in everyone's thank you. The photographer said she can make the pic the front of the card and we can write a thank you to be printed on the back. My mom thinks each thank you needs to be hand written and we can just include a 4x6 in the card. What do you think? I'm open to either way but I dont want people to feel cheated by not getn a personalixed thank you.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• Is there room to write a personal note too? There probably is.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• You can still hand-write a response on the back of the card. Use a "sharpie-like" marker for photo paper, but make sure it won't bleed through. (But Mom IS right--they should be handwritten!)
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• sounds like a good idea
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• That's an idea..I agree with my mom it would be nice to be able to say Love the pie plate! or whatever and make it personal but the thought of saving myself tons of time from writing out long thank you notes sounds appealing too!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think your idea sound great and see nothing wrong with it. I wish I thought of it. With the holidays so close and then doing holiday cards I think this would save you lots of time. As long as they get a thank you note I do not think you will hurt those peoples feelings. It was your wedding so answer the way you would like to.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• See if there is enough room to write a personalized note too, "thank you for the __________________ (insert gift here) and coming to my wedding, it meant a lot to us...etc etc.

I think a personalized hand-written thank you always means much more. It shows your guests, some of who may have traveled a bit to come, that you truly DO appreciate it.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Put a PERSONALIZED note in the card also! It can say Thank You in the card - preprinted, but if you don't put a personalized note in it also - you will be thought cheap and tacky. And sign your names.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I think each note should be hand-written. I know that takes more time, but it also took time for those who gave you gifts to go shopping and do the wrapping. The personal touch is the way I think you should go. I know I always appreciate those notes more.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree thank you for the responses! Alot of people really helped out even with setting up and such and I like to thank them for personal things but I like the new trendy photo cards too. I will be sure I have room for a personal msg or I wont order the cards! Thanks!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I love the photo idea, but I would also make sure there was room for a handwritten message.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2010