I would love to know, how many moms on here, do work from home? any tips for me, getting desperate here!!!

I was just wondering is it possible? I have applied for customer service jobs with tons of companies, have not heard anything back yet from any of the jobs I have applied for. Does anyone have any advice? I just want to make money from home. I don't want a business, I have done the Mary Kay thing and the Avon thing, I really just want to make money from home, even home assembly would work if I know it was legit, can anyone help me?

Cyndifarmer

Asked by Cyndifarmer at 2:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• try http://www.earningsinabasket.info/default.html it will help you find what best fits you. Hope you can find something! Good luck! Also you can message me for more info.
    iMommy2010

Answer by iMommy2010 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• well cyndifarmer...the first thing I will tell you that the two businesses you mentioned are well not exactly powerhitters.
    Avon is a long standing company but if you are looking for replacement income you aren't going to find it there, and Mary Kay is not particularly favored here..some love it the majority say its too over saturate, too expensive, and costs too much too keep up with and they are PUSHY

However that being said...There are VERY VERY few GOOD paying WAH jobs online out there...yes lots have their blog and and Cashcrate, and CHACHA but I know FOR A FACT there is Very little money coming in from them, and the GOOD money they make is from referring others to come join the same things..GUESS WHAT?! That's recruitng...and you're STILL considered an independent contractor.

I have a Legit WELL PAYING home based business that has the BEST credentials, and team of support and training..But it is a Biz..
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I agree with Happymom. In all honesty you aren't going to find a "job" at home. And home assembly while some companies seem legit they get you by not accepting what you make, saying they are flawed, so they rarely buy what you make. You can do our own work from home, from babysitting, running errands, cleaning homes, offering gift wrap services to men and those that just HATE it....or if you have an empty room, offer to keep others gifts hidden away at your home to keep kids wandering eyes from finding the loot. You could sell on ebay or craigslist, if your a crafter you can sell on etsy and local craft shows.....

I do work from home, yes I sell on ebay, that's purely for me and my spending money. But my husband and I own a carpet cleaning business and I manage the business from home: doing book keeping, phone calls, website, advertising, marketing, ordering supplies, etc etc.

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Look into Juice Plus.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    www.juiceplusvirtualfranchise.com
    The product and the company has changed my life. It can change yours too.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 7:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• I've tried make up sales, candle sales, even dabled in insurance sales. I hated it all. I don't have that type of personality to beg people to buy my stuff or set up parties. I am so glad I have some options that don't require sales of any kind, and they're free. You can check out my favs here

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• All I do is explain to them what we do I don't really sell then anything! So, just take a look and let me know what ya think! It might now be what you desire or want so I wish you all the luck! www.dailychecksathome.com www.freedomathome.com/soar
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• wow, Im shocked at how many people replied!! Thanks so much to everyone who answered!! I am so thankful to know that there are work at home mom's out there and I know I will find me a job, its just taking so long, and no I am not really interested in a home based business. I can crochet and I make scarf's, I have a few orders I am working on now, but its so hard to crochet fast enough to make great money, I make a little extra cash with it, mostly it pays for my yarn, lol. If anyone hears of any leads or any tips please keep me in mind!! Thanks everyone!!
    Cyndifarmer

Comment by Cyndifarmer (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I run a company my husband and I founded. In addition, I also do freelance writing and editing.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• I recommend Rat Race Rebellion. That where I located my full time job.
    berrymorin3

Answer by berrymorin3 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 9, 2010